You may have already heard, but we’re here to say it again. Video is the premiere form of content on social media these days and if you’re not jumping on that bandwagon now, you may be late to the party.
In the past, there were several barriers to creating video content for your business.
- It’s expensive. It takes a lot of equipment and time to create videos.
- It’s a specialized skill. Not everyone knows how to create cinema-quality videos.
- The equipment. Just knowing what cameras or microphones you need can be a headache.
Luckily, Facebook’s live video tools break down all of those barriers. Live video doesn’t require any special equipment except for a nice smartphone camera (you can jazz things up with an external microphone or tripod if you want to, but it’s not necessary to begin). Live video doesn’t require any special skills and no one expects for it to be movie-quality. You can make it anywhere you have a good Wifi connection (so basically, anywhere).
And there are so many benefits to creating live video content for your business.
Benefits of Creating Live Video on Facebook
Prioritized by Facebook
Facebook is now prioritizing live video content in the News Feed, putting your business and your brand in front of more of your fans and their friends. This type of content is the best possible kind you can make if you want to increase your organic reach on Facebook.
Personal and Meaningful Content
Live video also creates an extremely personal experience. Since the footage is live and unedited, you don’t have any chance to edit out when you stumble over a word or make a silly face and you can create live video from anywhere.
This is good for you, but also for the people watching your videos. Live video is thought to be the most meaningful and easy to interact with, creating a highly exclusive experience for your audience.
It Costs Basically Nothing
Just pick up your smartphone, go live, and you’re good to go. You don’t need to invest in a fancy camera and you can expect that any one of your business partners or employees would have access to this equipment.
It Happens in Real Time
This means that the content is sure to be totally unique. The moments can’t be created again and it allows you to interact with your audience in real time by answering their questions and even calling them by name.
It Encourages Engagement
You talk, they comment, you respond. Now you aren’t talking AT your audience, but WITH them. This is KEY in building relationships with your audience, who will eventually become your clients and customers.
Logistically, more engagement for your live video increases your page’s relevance on Facebook, making the rest of your content perform better as well.
Essentially, live video is a no-brainer for your business and a win-win-win if you want to reach your audience on Facebook, create meaningful relationships with your clients and customers, and continue driving sales.
So, how do you do a Facebook Live? It’s simple, we promise!
- Navigate to your Facebook page and click on ‘Start a Live Video.’ You can do this from your desktop or mobile.
- Allow your device to access your camera and microphone.
- Choose your settings, write a status update, and include a title and tags.
- Click GO LIVE!
A few tips to elevate your live videos:
- Tell your audience when you plan to go live to maximize the number of live viewers.
- Introduce yourself and the context of your live video right from the get-go!
- Pay attention to who is commenting and engage with your audience.
- Use a tripod if you’re sitting still to minimize shakiness of camera.
- A proper sign-off, urging viewers to complete a call to action, such as following your page or clicking on a link in your video description.